New research shows that the number of major injuries caused by work-related accidents fell below 20,000 in 2012.
There was an 11% drop in injuries such as fractures, burns and amputations in the workplace in England, Wales and Scotland, according to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). There were 148 fatal injuries, down from 171 the previous year, while the cost of injuries and ill-health was around £13.8 billion in the year to 2011, against £16.3bn four years earlier.
The reduced total of accidents at work represents the lowest figure since records began in 1996. However, The HSE, the body that gathers work accident data on behalf of the government by region shows that if you live in our part of the world (Yorkshire and The Humber) you have a significantly higher than average chance of suffering a major injury due at work.
The HSE's latest research for Yorkshire and the Humber, in 2012/13 shows:
- Fatal injuries: there were 15 fatal injuries to workers.
- Major injuries: there were 1 807 major injuries to employees.
- Injury rates: the rate of injury for fatal and major injuries was 84.0 per 100 000 employees, compared with a GB rate of 78.9.
And the figures are just as gloomy for that other creator of accidents – our local roads.
The Government's most recent figures show:
- There were 19,297 casualties of road accidents in 2011.
- There were 173 fatalities
- Another 2,336 people categorised as KSI (Killed or sustained Serious Injuries).
Violent crime is also a massive contributor to serious injuries in our region:
- There were 7,305 violent crimes in North Yorkshire between Oct 2012 – Oct 2013 at a monthly average of 608 violent crimes per month.
- There were 27,372 violent crimes in West Yorkshire between Oct 2012 – Oct 2013 at a monthly average of 2,281 violent crimes per month.
- There were 13,050 violent crimes in South Yorkshire between Oct 2012 – Oct 2013 at a monthly average of 1,087 violent crimes per month.
- There were 13,803 violent crimes in Humber Police's jurisdiction between Oct 2012 – Oct 2013 at a monthly average of 1,150 violent crimes per month.
If you have suffered a serious injury as a result of a work-related accident, car crash or violent crime you will already know only too well that the consequences are painful, costly and incredibly stressful.
If you have suffered your accident through no fault of your own you may be eligible to make a personal injury claim.
If so, it is absolutely vital that you have the right team on board to fight your corner.
So, let us put your mind at ease.
The Accident Claimline are experts in dealing with accidents, assaults and the trauma associated with all sorts of serious injuries.
Here at The Accident Claimline we are highly experienced in dealing with every kind of serious injury and the trauma, fears and anxiety they create for clients and their families.
Our experience of workplace injury claims has been gained from thousands upon thousands of cases and clients over the last 12 years.
Every year we continue to help people like you who find themselves trapped and facing challenging consequences due to a terrible incident.
In every case we apply the same strategy: a combination of listening, sympathy, expertise and tenacious hard work on your behalf.
Personal Injury Claims Leeds is a local service provided by The Accident Claimline.
At The Accident Claimline we have more than a decade of experience of managing claims by thousands of individuals in a vast array of different circumstances throughout the UK.
Expert Guidance From Beginning To End
Call us today for advice on your claim. Our friendly, professional and helpful staff will guide you through every aspect of the claim process. We also will ensure that the right, expert, personal injury solicitor** works on your claim specifically.
This is a vitally important factor in deciding whether your claim wins or loses. Having the right lawyer for the job is the cornerstone of every winning claim we have and it is the key component in our winning strategy.
All of our staff, at every level, are fully trained in personal injury management. Every staff member attends regular training sessions so that at every stage they are right up to speed with what is one of the most dynamic, fast-moving areas of the law.
When you sign with The Accident Claim Line you can be confident that we will arm you with the right advice in respect of your personal injury claim and also, the right advice for you and your family in respect of your recovery.
Contact our Specialist Personal Injury Claims Lawyers Leeds
Call us on 08000838358 or from your mobile 03300373693 or text INJURY + your name to 80818 and we’ll call you. You can also contact us online by completing our enquiry form here.
The Accident Claimline are:
- Experienced. We have 12 years' experience handling PI claims – just like yours.
- Free. The Accident Claimline offers FREE advice from a first no obligation enquiry.
- Ready To Help. The Accident Claimline 's skilful, helpful, empathetic staff operate within a UK based 'care' centre. It is a 'care' centre not a 'call' centre. We handle calls, texts and emails 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Waiting For Your Call. We aim to answer all calls within 10 seconds. Expect to get an email response within a few minutes of making your enquiry.
- Highly Trained. Our care centre staff all receive expert training in handling specialist personal injury enquiries. We are up to date too with the latest developments in personal injury law thanks to our comprehensive and ongoing training programme.
- Reputable and Safe. The Accident Claimline is fully regulated by the Ministry of Justice and Financial Conduct Authority.
- Connected. The Accident Claimline has long standing relationships within a UK-wide network of specialist personal injury law firms.
But don’t just take our word for it. Our clients consistently confirm that we can be trusted – our testimonials prove that. Here is a selection of some recent feedback.
"The advisers I spoke to were polite and helpful". Mrs K, South Yorkshire
"They answered all of my questions and I am pleased with the all-round service". Mr T, Nottinghamshire
"They were very polite and professional. Thank you". Mr G, Norfolk
*Other costs may be payable
**We have a team of technical claims qualifiers who will speak with you and if you have, in our opinion, a valid claim we can refer your case to one of the personal injury solicitors on our panel.