Building or construction sites are consistently listed amongst the most dangerous types of workplace there are.
The hazards of working outdoors, at height or with vehicles, heavy machinery, chemicals and power tools is obvious, and the potential for serious injury and death is very high when compared to other workplace environments.
However, if you have been a recent victim of a building site accident, either as an employee, contractor or pedestrian and if that accident was not your fault, you may be eligible for a Personal Injury claim that can go some way towards helping you regain some of your losses and assist you with the cost of your recovery.
Construction industry employers have to take special measures to protect workers (including sub-contractors and delivery drivers) and any members of the public who are on and around building sites.
Although construction accounts for just 5% of the total workforce in Britain building sites are responsible for 27% of fatal injuries to employees and 10% of reported major injuries, according to The Health and Safety Executive.
There were 39 fatal injuries to workers in the last calendar year. This compares with an average of 53 deaths per year over the previous five years.
An estimated 1.4 million working days were lost in 2011/12, in construction jobs with 818,000 resulting from ill health and over half a million - 584,000 – occurring due to building site accidents.
As well as the more general workplace safety requirements, construction site employers must also:
- Manage access to building sites through maintaining clear site boundaries.
- Prevent unauthorised access to building sites.
- Manage traffic on the site and surrounding area.
- Keep the site in good order generally.
- Control the use and storage of hazardous substances.
- Manage waste appropriately.
- Provide welfare facilities including toilets and drinking water.
There is also a complex system of notification, risk assessment and inspection reports that construction employers must have in place under Health and Safety law.
While many accidents in the workplace could be the responsibility of the construction company that owns or manages the site, you might also need to make a claim against:
- A contractor who is responsible for specific equipment, like a crane.
- Your own, direct employer if you are a sub-contractor.
- A company delivering materials to the building site.
- The supplier of any materials or tools which are defective and that injure you.
Here at The Accident Claimline we are highly experienced in dealing with building site accidents and the mental, physical and financial problems they create for clients and their families.
Our experience of building site injury claims has been gained from thousands upon thousands of cases and clients over the last 12 years.
Every year we help and continue to help people like you who find themselves trapped, facing horrific, challenging consequences due to a work-related accident.
In every case we work exactly the same way. Our blueprint, a combination of listening, sympathy, in depth knowledge of the law and tenacious hard work on your behalf, is a method that not only work, it also is a method that has stood the test of passing time.
Personal Injury Claims Leeds is a local service provided by The Accident Claimline.
At The Accident Claimline we have more than a decade of experience of managing claims by thousands of individuals in a vast array of different circumstances throughout the UK.
Expert Guidance From Beginning To End
Call us today for advice on your claim. Our friendly, professional and helpful staff will guide you through every aspect of the claim process. We also will ensure that the right, expert, personal injury solicitor** works on your claim specifically.
This is a vitally important factor in deciding whether your claim wins or loses. Having the right lawyer for the job is the cornerstone of every winning claim we have and it is the key component in our winning strategy.
All of our staff, at every level, are fully trained in personal injury management. Each one completes regular training sessions so that at every stage they are right up to date with one of the most dynamic, fast-moving areas of the law.
When you sign with The Accident Claim Line you can be confident that we will arm you with the right advice in respect of your personal injury claim and also, the right advice for you and your family in respect of your recovery.
Building Site Accident Injury Claim Lawyers Leeds
Call us on 01132234466 or from you mobile 03300373693 You can also contact us online by completing our enquiry form here.
The Accident Claimline are:
- Experienced. We have 12 years' experience handling PI claims – just like yours.
- Free. The Accident Claimline offers FREE advice from a first no obligation enquiry.
- Ready To Help. The Accident Claimline 's skilful, helpful, empathetic staff operate within a UK based 'care' centre. It is a 'care' centre not a 'call' centre. We handle calls, texts and emails 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Waiting For Your Call. We aim to answer all calls within 10 seconds. Expect to get an email response within a few minutes of making your enquiry.
- Highly Trained. Our care centre staff all receive expert training in handling specialist personal injury enquiries. We are up to date too with the latest developments in personal injury law thanks to our comprehensive and ongoing training programme.
- Reputable and Safe. The Accident Claimline is fully regulated by the Ministry of Justice and Financial Conduct Authority.
- Connected. The Accident Claimline has long standing relationships within a UK-wide network of specialist personal injury law firms.
But don't just take our word for it. Our clients consistently confirm that we can be trusted – our testimonials prove that. Here is a selection of some recent feedback.
"They answered all of my questions and I am pleased with the all-round service". Mr T, Nottinghamshire
"They were very supportive throughout my claim". Miss G, Bristol
"They were very polite and professional. Thank you". Mr G, Norfolk
*Other costs may be payable
**We have a team of technical claims qualifiers who will speak with you and if you have, in our opinion, a valid claim we can refer your case to one of the personal injury solicitors on our panel.